Begin by expanding your understanding of the resources in our area and the methods to conserve them. For residents and adult groups, the RCRCD offers the Help Create a Sustainable Community project, which explains simple ways that we can all begin to live and build communities that conserve natural resources for future generations.
The project includes:
- A companion booklet with information about creating more sustainable communities
- A tour, of the LandUse Learning Center or Sycamore Creek Interpretive Center, with publications and plant lists that empower residents to conserve resources at home, at work and in the community.
- Through your vote, your purchasing power, and by the way you live.
- Share your concerns with others.
- Donate your time, money, and expertise.
- Make lifestyle choices that reduce your personal "environmental impact", conserve resources, reduce waste, and stop pollution.
- Become a responsible, conscious consumer of sustainable products.